To track and securely share patients’ complete medical histories, an ever-growing number of health care providers are participating in health information exchange (HIE). HIE facilitates the transfer of complete patient information via electronic health records (EHRs), which help prevent errors by ensuring that everyone involved in a patient’s care has access to the same information. There are countless benefits to HIE, including the opportunity for providers to enable automatic appointment reminders or follow-up instructions sent directly to patients, prescriptions sent directly to pharmacies, reduced time that patients must spend filling out paperwork, and the potentiality for reduced costs.
HIE is growing among health providers because the need for data sharing is undeniable, especially during a worldwide pandemic like COVID-19. Although the benefits to joining an HIE are endless, here is a quick breakdown of our top 5:
- Ease of access
- HIE offers providers the capability to electronically access clinical information from various EHRs to track their patients’ care and medical status.
- Strengthened cooperation
- HIE facilitates the efforts of physicians and clinicians to meet high standards of patient care by ensuring a smooth and streamlined workflow.
- Improved communication
- HIE improves the communication between multiple providers caring for the same patients by ensuring that all involved have accurate and up-to-date information.
- Greater precision
- HIE improves the quality and safety of all patient care delivered by reducing the potentiality for medication and medical errors.
- HIE provides a basic although imperative level of interoperability among EHRs maintained by individual physicians and organizations.
IEHIO is partnered with California’s largest HIE, Manifest MedEx (MX). Manifest MX is currently offering up to $10,000 in incentives for ambulatory clinics in the Inland Empire to join before the end of 2020, although all providers are encouraged to join if they haven’t already. These incentives will change January 1st, so don’t miss out on this opportunity!
Contact us at email@example.com for more information about Manifest MX, to see if your practice qualifies for a monetary incentive, and to start streamlining your workflow immediately!